alatea School – Te Kura o Kuhawaea
A very warm welcome to students, parents and the wider community
Opened in 1935, Galatea School is a small rural school nestled under the Te Urewera Ranges, among lush green dairy farms and beside various forest plantations. Our large open playing fields, large trees and various playgrounds provide space for our 100 students to run, play, explore and learn.
We are privileged to have extremely supportive parents, whanau and community members who play active roles in the success of our school. Our entire staff and Board of Trustees are dedicated to providing high quality education that is exciting and engaging. We foster a culture at our school where children feel safe, valued and celebrated. Our school Core Values ensure that our students develop into positive citizens and learn to their full potential.
GROWING GREAT KIDS SINCE 1935
Our Mission Statement
Working together – Learning for life
Me mahi tahi tatou katoa – Akoranga mo te wairua ora
- Staff and students collaborating for best outcomes.
- The idea that it takes a village to raise a child.
- Strong communication and relationships fostered between children, staff and whanau.
- A sense of belonging.
- Leadership is distributed based upon strengths and passion.
- Diversity is recognised and celebrated.
- Tolerance is learnt and practised.
Learning for Life
- We never stop learning.
- We see learning as a positive experience.
- Mistakes are learning experiences.
- Our school Core Values are qualities required to be productive citizens, now and in the future.
- The knowledge that an opportunity we provide today may spark a passion for life.
OUR SCHOOL VALUES